SPARKS, Md., Jan. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE: MKC), a global leader in flavor, was ranked No. 14 in the 2017 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations Index at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. In addition, McCormick was ranked No. 1 in the food products industry. It marks the first time McCormick has been ranked in the index which is compiled by Corporate Knights, a Canadian market research company.
"This recognition is more than just a great achievement for McCormick—this is a testament to our people, who work towards a common purpose to make every day better," said
, President and Chief Executive Officer of McCormick & Company. "I'm proud that the shared responsibility we have for our people, our communities and the planet is making an impact and view this as an indicator that we're on the right path to embedding sustainability into every aspect of our business."
McCormick sets measurable targets on environmental, social and productivity initiatives to help drive long-term company sustainability. Highlights from the company's efforts include:
- Working with more than 13,000 farmers through local agricultural partnerships and programs to offer best-in-practice training, deploy mobile technology to enhance capabilities and support development funds that incentivize farmers to produce higher quality crops;
- Providing employees with the tools to systematically enhance efficiency and reduce water, waste and energy—including a 43 percent reduction in carbon footprint and a five percent reduction in greenhouse gases—while delivering significant cost savings to the bottom line;
- Integrating research from the McCormick Science Institute to educate communities on reducing sodium intake by using herbs and spices instead of salt, and support charitable healthy eating and wellness programs; and
- Continuing commitment towards diversity and inclusion goals, including global coordination on diversity initiatives and meeting leadership targets for women globally and people of color in the U.S.
The 13th annual Global 100 Index is recognized as a leader in transparency and industry best practices for sustainability rankings. The companies named are among the top overall sustainability performers in their respective industries; Corporate Knights assesses all publicly traded companies with a market capitalization of at least $2 billion to create the annual ranking. The Global 100 Index is determined by using 12 sustainability indicators, including the amount of revenue companies generate per unit of energy consumed, safety performance and innovation capacity.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™.
For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.
For information contact:
(410) 527-6004 or email@example.com
SOURCE McCormick & Company, Incorporated